Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.ugandacancer.org.uk
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Uganda Cancer Trust UK Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy
Registered Charity: 1131235
Reviewed: January 2020
Next review: January 2022
This Privacy Notice and Data Protection Policy governs the collection, storage and use of personal data collected by Uganda Cancer Trust UK (UCTUK). It sets out how UCTUK may process the personal data we collect from you, in line with UK legislation including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2018.
A Who we are
1. The Data Controller is Uganda Cancer Trust UK of 37 St Mary Street, Chippenham, Wilts, SN15 3JW The Data Protection Officer is the UCTUK Chairperson, Christine Whitehouse. We respect the right that you have to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
B Your rights
2. With your agreement, UCTUK may collect and store a range of your personal data. UCTUK will never collect this data without your consent. UCTUK will only use this data where the law permits it.
3. The GDPR gives you right on how your personal information is used:
- The right to be informed: UCTUK will tell you through this policy how we process your personal information
- The right of access: you can request to see what information UCTUK holds about you, through making a Subject Access Request (SAR). Please contact email@example.com for information on how to make a SAR
- The right of rectification: UCTUK will correct any information about you that is inaccurate when you ask us to
- The right to erasure: if UCTUK has no compelling reason to retain your personal data, you can ask us to delete it
- The right to restrict processing: you can ask UCTUK to restrict the processing of your personal data, or to continue holding your data but not to use it
- The right to data portability: where you have provided personal data to us, you can ask us to provide it in a format that will enable it to be passed to another organization
- The right to object: where there is no legal obligation for UCTUK to process your data, you can object to us processing this
- Rights in relation to automated decisions and profiling: where computers make decisions about you, you can challenge this or ask for a person to review this decision. UCTUK does not use automated decision making or profiling.
C The information UCTUK collects
4. UCTUK may collect the following personal information:
- Your name
- Your age, date of birth and gender
- Your postal address
- Your phone and email details
- Your employment details
- Your payment details if you choose to subscribe to or otherwise access paid-for services
D How UCTUK uses your information
5. UCTUK will only use your personal data for the purposes you have consented to, or for those which you have expressed a closely-related interest in. For example, if you have consented to receiving the UCTUK newsletter, UCTUK may also send you other updates on UCTUK activity.
6. Where you wish UCTUK to cease using your data for any activity, email firstname.lastname@example.org and UCTUK records will be updated.
E Electronic communications
7. UCTUK will always ask for your consent before sending you any information by email, where you have not already expressed an interest in receiving this or related information.
8. You can ask UCTUK to stop contacting you by email at any time, by emailing email@example.com
F Reporting data breaches
9. If you believe there has been a breach in the way UCTUK uses your data, please report this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your contact details
- Nature and date of the incident
- How the incident was discovered